Friday, November 16, 2007

Upcoming Shows and Travel Plans

So this coming week is going to be very crazy. I just finished some ornaments for the Art Star Holiday Art Show. I made 3 block head character sculptures and two little furry animal box head paintings. They will all be available this Saturday at the opening. Very reasonably priced I might add, considering how many hours I spent on them. The process was slow since I had to cut the wood myself, stain it, paint/burn the wood, and assemble everything rather patiently. I had trouble getting the noses to stick at first. I had a blast making these though. More and more I find myself wanting to make sculptural works.

If you live in Philly you should come out for the opening at Art Star next weekend. It should be a blast.






I still have 1 more painting to finish for the "sub 1k" show at Distinction Gallery (Escondido). I'm going to have to sacrifice some sleep this week it appears. I'm also sending some smaller piece/s to Alpha Cult (Long Beach, CA) for a 80's music themed show. I am to paint a picture inspired by a song from the 80's, and they will play all the songs to go along with the art at the opening.

Mostly I am looking forward to spending almost a month on the West Coast. I plan to drink a few beers on the beach and do a whole lot of lounging. If you have suggestions of things to do or see in Portland, Seattle, San Fran, or San Diego/LA fee free to inform me. I can't wait to have warm weather in my life again. Winter = worst season.

No comments: